The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has seized more than a quarter million worth of assets belonging to a crypto scammer known as Chase Senecal.
News of the seizure came over four months after popular on-chain sleuth ZachXBT revealed Senecal’s identity. This happened after the former conducted an extensive investigation of his scams.
ETH, NFTs and luxury watch seized by the FBI.
According to the official notification posted by the FBI on 4 February, Chase Senecal’s luxury watch and crypto assets have been seized. The notification also urged victims of the scammer to come forward and file a complaint.
xtortion and blackmail schemes on the dark web, as well as orchestrating a number of cryptocurrency scams.
The FBI has seized over $250,000 in assets from Chase Senecal, also known as Horror (HZ).
Senecal has until 4 April to request the release of his property, but the details of the proceedings against him are unclear.
On 3 February, ZachXBT, an on-chain sleuth, claimed that his investigation into Senecal’s scams contributed to the FBI’s seizure. Senecal is allegedly responsible for taking over sextortion and blackmail schemes on the dark web, as well as orchestrating a number of cryptocurrency scams.
- UK Finance Ministry Tightens Grip on Crypto: Draft Rules for Regulation Released
- Australia Ditches British Monarchy: Bank Notes Get a New Look
- Maximizing Your Crypto Gains: A Guide to Tax Deductible Crypto Losses
- ChatGPT Boosts Real Estate: Agents Adopt AI for Listing Writing
- Is the stock market open on Monday for MLK Day 2023?